Saturday, November 21, 2009

Women of Faith

A couple of weeks ago I was asked by my friend and Bible Study buddy, Joanie, if I was going to the Women of Faith Conference. Honestly, I had not given it much thought. It was the same weekend as the Men's C.M.A. retreat at Ridgecrest and I knew Erik was going to that and I would need to take care of the animals here at home. However, back in the early fall, I attended a Beth Moore Simulcast and I really felt God speaking to me about the Women's ministry and being more involved with the women of our church. --Sidebar, I have not done very well at all making friends since I have been back home in SC. Now, mind you, this is not a plea for sympathy, it's just a fact that I have struggled in this area because of my own neglect and low self-esteem. But that's a blog for another time. So I tell Joanie I will pray and talk with Erik about it. Well, I go home, tell Erik and we talk it over. We pray about it and I decide, yes God, I hear you and I will go.
I knew several of the ladies that were going, but not very well. I was very excited to take the time to get to know some of them better. I got the chance to know Joanie and Donna very well, and I am blessed for it! It is so refreshing to "sit under" strong Christian women and listen to how God has used them and moved them! Amazing! As a bonus, I was even able to take a personal day from work to go to Greensboro for the conference. I rode with Joanie and Donna (such sweet women!!!) and we had a great time! We were roomies and we had a good time just chatting as we settled in and going back and forth to the conference.
We were blessed with the opportunity to hear several key speakers who have been with WOF for a while--Marilyn Meberg, Patsy Clairmont, Lisa Welchel, Sandy Patty, Lucy Swindoll. Our musical guests were Steven Curtis Chapman, Sandy Patty, and Mandisa. It was two days of praise and worship and solid teaching! I could go on forever, but I wouldn't do the conference justice. I just know that God spoke to me in many ways while I was there. Just know that I am in a process of healing and a lot of realization that things sometimes have to change--even if that means me!
It's funny because I feel a lot of emotion during music. I connect to it in a way some people don't. I connect memories to music and my emotions too, I guess. I can remember what CD I was listening to or what song was out when a major event happened in my life. For example, Live the Life (Michael W. Smith) had just come out when Erik first asked me out. Crazy, but it's true. I can remember the first time I felt I needed to rededicate my life to God and I know that Steven Curtis Chapman's played The Great Adventure at That Big Thing at the Coliseum. Anyway, the music during this event moved me more than I have been moved in some time. The time to worship was amazing! To sing my love and exclaim my devotion to God with 10,000+ other women was amazing! I highly recommend this to anyone!
Well, that's all for now! Just wanted to share my blessings with you! I hope to be able to share many more in the days, weeks, and year to come!

1 comment:

Famously Robyn said...

oh so glad to hear! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures with God at the conference!