Monday, November 9, 2009

What's Happenin'!!!????!!!???

Well, blogworld, I am alive and well. I have been on a break because of school, but I am taking the time to blog away! This will likely be a 2-part thing. So, just hang on if I don't totally update to today!

So, what's been going on? School for one. Grad School kicks butt sometimes and this last class was intense. I am proud to say that I walked away with a 98! So go me! Working school has been busy too. I forgot how much a grade level change can keep you busy! But, as I have said in the past, my team is the best! They are awesome and they keep me together. It's funny because our principal has us do this colors test at the start of each year. You are basically 1 of 4 colors--yellow--organized and like lists, blue--emotionally driven, green--you are all business, and orange--you are the life of the party. Well I have always, always, always fallen smack dab in between blue and yellow. Now, you may be thinking, Alli, you are not organized and I didn't know you liked lists? Well, I do and I am! Just not at the same time or all the time! I am certainly BLUE! My friends laugh because I cry at commercials! Go figure! Anyway, my team knows this and even though my yellow runs more closely at home, they take care of me.

Update #2 Erik and I have some changes coming. No, not what you think! But made you think that way, didn't I?? That wasn't nice. I apologize. :0) Anyway, back in the spring my wonderful hubby allowed our "child" to chew on the carpet--it really wasn't his fault. He fell asleep and Arwyn's little puppy mouth slipped from her bone to the carpet. Anyway, we have had a small hole in it ever sense. Plus, after 2 puppies potty training, my yellow self didn't like the spots that I could not get rid of despite buying a Bissell Spot Bot and bottles of Resolve. So, after much deliberation, we settled on flooring. Had the guy come out and measure. I was sure we were going to get the hardest hard wood floors you could imagine. Well, after looking and looking and talking with Sandra (our Abby Carpet Girl) we decided upon laminate. Yep, it won't scratch, it won't peel, it's puppy proof! It even has texture (oooohhhhh!!!) and it's beveled! So it looks a heck of a lot like hardwood floors. It is over 95% real wood, so that counts right? I am pleased. We are also getting a new kitchen table and chairs. I will post pictures once it comes in. We needed it because the table we have is fine, but we are down 2 chairs thanks to my best friends Hubby! Thanks Kevin! Because of that, I totally got to go shopping! :0) A girl can't complain! No, seriously, we needed it anyway and it's really cool. I can't wait! We have plans for the table and the other chair. We are totally blessed to be able to do this. God is good!

Gosh, I think that's all for now. Except I will leave you with a tidbit for next time.
"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life, the Facts of Life!" This had to do with this past weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments: