Monday, September 21, 2009

Floods in Georgia

So I am way behind on a lot these days. Especially keeping up with things in Georgia. Out of sight, out of mind, right? I think so. Please view the link to pictures of flooding in Northwest Georgia. Many of these pictures are from the area where Erik and I lived. I am also adding my recent email to friends and family in case you didn't get it.

Hello friends and family,
Check out the flooding pictures in the link below from Northwest Georgia. Many are from places called Villa Rica, Hiram, or on Due West Road (Hwy 92) which is the county where Erik and I lived before we moved back to Columbia. Many of my friends are unable to travel in Paulding County (think Dallas, where Erik and I had our first house). Schools in the area are closed and roofs are leaking! The road right outside of our old subdivision is a mess from what I hear. It is the only way in & out of the community. Our old home was in front of a creek and I am certain it is totally flooded, though I have no proof. I do have a video of water rushing through our yard there. The front yard slopes towards the house! While it is no longer our home, it's still heartbreaking just thinking about the possibility of it being flooded. There is a picture of a farm in the slide that Erik and I passed every week on our way to church. It is completely under water. It is so sad. Please keep the people of the area and in North Georgia in your thoughts and prayers. There have bee several deaths and I heard at least 1 was a little one--just a few years old. Let me know if you can't see it.
love, alli

The link:http://www.wsbtv.com/slideshow/20925552/detail.html?taf=atl

No comments: