Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home and School

Erik and I made it home on Wednesday. It was hard leaving. I always have a hard time saying goodbye to Grampa, Erik's Mom's dad. We stayed with him during our trip. It is such a blessing to have grandparents. I found that out as soon as Erik and I were serious and engaged. I told all three of Erik's grandparents when we were engaged that they were going to be my grandparents too. I didn't really give them a choice. They were ok with that. They treated me just like I had been in the family for ages. Grampa still does. I am a lucky girl because I can really appreciate them in a way some kids don't.

In Massachusetts, we said goodbye to MiMi and we were able to take Grandad Barlik back to the place he really loved--Savoy, where he had a little place, out in the country--not far from Adams. That's where Erik's family is from. We were able to spread his ashes on the property. Grandad passed away almost a year ago. We still miss him, but there is closure for us now. Our next trip would possibly be to Florida, where we will honor MiMi's wishes as well. For now, we are content with how things worked out.

Our plane trips were uneventful, and I thank God for that! I actually, I can't believe I am going to say it, enjoyed the last flight. Whodathunk this girl wouldn't mind flying? Not me!

School is out officially for my kiddos after 11:30 AM on June 5. To say that I am ready is an understatement. I am ready for summer vacation to begin. Just lookin' at my legs says all I need to know--the beach!!
Until later...

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

speaking of the beach...you still need to call me so we can talk about "the fun thing" that I told you I wanted to talk to you about.
Glad yall had a safe trip and made it back ok.
Love you lots!