Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heavy Hearts...

Again, our hearts are sad. My sweet Uncle Jimmy Hatchell went to be with the Lord this past Friday night. He was my Daddy's younger brother (all of them are younger actually because Daddy is the oldest). We were at the Hospice Home with him, surrounded by his kids, grand kids, and even 1 or 2 great-grands when he left us. He was 80 years old. He served our country and loved his family, golf, and his garden very much. He was very sick but he told one doctor recently that he was ready to go see Louise, his bride of over 50 years. We rest in the fact that he IS with Jesus right now, playing golf, tending the Heavenly gardens, or just dancing with Aunt Louise. He will be missed greatly. Today the family said goodbye and celebrated his life.
I know my cousins are tired and have a lot to do in the days and months to come, but they are strong and they will be ok. My prayer is that Uncle Jimmy's memories will come to mind and they will smile, not shed too many tears.
Situations like this bring many people "home". It is also a reminder that you should tell your family you love them and enjoy the time you have together. Take advantage of the time you are given, even if under the not so good circumstances. I know this is something I will be doing this week.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Alli, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hospice is such a good way to manage a terrible time, it sounds like all of you were able to be there. I like the way you described the memories and the time with him. Sounds like he had a big impact on your life.

Famously Robyn said...

Alli, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle but glad to hear that you will see him again. Praying for y'all. It's been a sad summer and it's just begun. Hopefully, it will get better.

Chrissy said...

Alli-
You have written something so beautiful. I am so glad that you were all able to be with your Uncle at the time of his passing. Thank you for reminding us that our God is wonderful even in such difficult times. Love ya dear!!! Let me know if you need anything.