Friday, April 9, 2010

March and Into April

Hi,
It's been extremely busy for me. What can I say? Grad school, school school (that's work) and other things that keep me on the run have prevented a posting in a loooooonnnnnnggggg while. Sorry about that!
All is well in Barlikville. We have enjoyed the spring time weather. I wondered earlier this week if we had just skipped ahead to summer!! It was nearly 90 on Monday. That's not normal for April the 5th. But despite the heat, I got to spend the day with my bestie. She has been in town for a Chaplain's Wife conference here at Fort Jackson while her honey gets ready to graduate--today!! As his friends, Erik and I are quite proud of him. He loves what he does and he is going to make an awesome Army chaplain some day. I am selfishly hoping he would get posted here in Columbia, but that will be God's decision, not mine. Anyway, he still has a while yet because he will finish up seminary in NC first. I digress, my time with Kayte and Kayden on Monday was fun. We went to Riverbanks Zoo in a fog of pollen. It was crazy. I promptly came home to shower off. That stuff was everywhere! When I say it was a fog of pollen, I am NOT joking. If I had a picture of it, you would see a yellow haze that was everywhere. I felt like I needed a mask to breath properly.
I got to do this because I am on Spring Break. Well, today is my last official day of it and I am sad. I could have used 2 weeks and not just one. I had spring fever worse than my students. I could not wait to get them out the door and for me to come on home. It has been nice. I am still busy with grad school stuff, but that's only for a few more weeks. Praise the Lord! I can't wait! Only 10 more weeks! It will be fabulous to be finished in time to go on our cruise. I promise to blog more about that later. Until then, have a wonderful day!

No comments: